You can find the general guidelines under which I post about things (as far as spoilers and such) in this post.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Movies -- First Thoughts -- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I just got back from seeing Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It's still early, so no big spoilers yet. But...

They did some very good things here. I wish it had been longer (I was surprised, looking at Cinemark's web site last night, that it was only around 90 minutes) but they did good with it. The group dealt with very real issues among them, while dealing with the greater threat, and all of it seemed to flow naturally along.

There were a few cliches, like the authorities who won't listen to people who know better. And the thing behind the Surfer... I think they handled the visuals about as well as they could have. More details on that in a month or so.

So, at the very least, it's a definite matinee pick. If you loved the original, it's a definite.

No comments: